Welcome to RAMAKRISHNA MATH, BARASAT
Ramakrishna Math , Barasat is branch of Ramakrishna Math of which headquarters is at Belur Math, Dist: Howrah, West Bengal, India. It is a result of spiritual movement based on ideas and ideals of Vedanta as exponent by life and teachings of Shree Ramakrishna, prophet of the age. Its aim is the wellbeing of whole humanity irrespective of any caste, creed, race or nationality by harmony of religions, harmony of ancient and modern spiritual culture of the world etc. It is a monastic organization. This Math is established on the sacred birth place of Swami Shivananda, ad direct disciple of Shree Ramakrishna.
Goals & Objectives
The main goals and objectives of these twin organizations, based on the principles of Practical Vedanta, are:
- To spread the idea of the potential divinity of every being and how to manifest it through every action and thought.
- To spread the idea of harmony of religions based on Sri Ramakrishna's experience that all religions lead to the realization of the same Reality known by different names in different religions. The Mission honours and reveres the founders of all world religions such as Buddha, Christ and Mohammed.
- To treat all work as worship, and service to man as service to God.
- To make all possible attempts to alleviate human suffering by spreading education, rendering medical service, extending help to villagers through rural development centres, etc.
- To work for the all-round welfare of humanity, especially for the uplift of the poor and the downtrodden.
- To develop harmonious personalities by the combined practice of Jnana, Bhakti, Yoga and Karma.
Atmano mokshartham jagad hitaya cha,
"For one's own salvation, and for the welfare of the world".
10:00 am to 11:30 am & 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Note: Please contact him over telephone (033-2552- 3514) before visit.
4:00 am to 11:45 am & 4:00 pm to 8:45 pm (From April to September)
4:30 am to 11:45 am & 3:30 pm to 8:30pm (From October to March)
Library & book Stall
9:00 am to 11:30 am & 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm(From April to September)
8:30 am to 11:30 am & 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm(From October to March)
07:30 am to 11:45 am & 04:00 pm to 06:00 pm(From April to September)
07:30 am to 11:45 am & 03:30 pm to 05:30 pm(From October to March)